Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer In The City

Brooklyn Summer Ale

So, to continue my summer beer theme, I recently picked up a bottle of Brooklyn Summer Ale. I did this partially because I knew I was going to be in Brooklyn a few days later... unfortunately the brewery is only open on the weekends and I was only there on a Tuesday. Such is life.

The first thing I noticed about this beer was a very unique smell. It’s neither good, nor bad; just very unique and strong. The aroma that I’m talking about is very sweet and grainy, but I can’t put my finger on the exact scent, though I did notice the same smell when I walked around the outside of the brewery. If anyone can define it please tell me, because I couldn’t find what I was looking for on BeerAdvocate.

As far as summer beers go this beer is a PAR beer. It’s refreshing and not offensive; nothing special and nothing disappointing. The normal summer beer grainy flavors and fruity notes are present and accounted for. All in all, if you want a cold beer for a hot day (like the day I spent in NYC), then its a good, refreshing way to go.

QUICK TASTE

Brooklyn, Summer Ale

Brooklyn, NY

ABV% 5.00

Beer Style: English Pale

Appearance: Clear, golden amber, with a thin to medium size white head

Aromatics: Smells of fruit and bread and something else I cant identify.

Taste: Very grainy, hops are present but only ever so slightly, some apple-like flavors

Notes: Beer is like every other summer beer. Nothing special, slightly refreshing, bland flavor at best, It actually smells like the Brooklyn Brewery which I visited the day after I tasted it.

Score: 73

No comments:

Post a Comment